Friday, September 30, 2011

Food Friday! : Balsamic Vinegar Marinated Hamburgers



Balsamic Vinegar Marinated Hamburgers

One of our favorite things to do during football season is to grill out before watching the game (on tv... sad to say), and one of our favorite things to grill are hamburgers. A few years back, I found this incredible recipe for Balsamic Vinegar Marinated Turkey Burgers and we love it so much we use it with hamburger meat too. I remember making this for Handsome Hubby's PawPaw one time and he said it was the best hamburger he had every eaten...from a sometimes picky picky eater, that is a huge compliment! Try it for yourself...you might be impressed!

Ingredients

1 pound ground meat (turkey or hamburger)
One medium white or yellow onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (it's your preference. I love this marinade, and I go for more like 3 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings

Preparation

Finely chop/dice onion or use a food processor. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and seasonings. Add the onion and mix. Pour over meat and mix together. I use my hands...it's just easier. Form meat into small to medium patties and grill until done. I serve this on whole wheat buns, with lettuce (hydroponic lettuce makes for a really beautiful looking hamburger!), avocado, and cheddar cheese (I promise it's not American in the picture), and HH always adds barbecue sauce. :)

Happy Eating! And enjoy whatever football game you may be watching this weekend! GOOOOO JACKETS!

3 comments:

  1. I tried this tonight. I didn't have Italian seasonings, but added sea salt, pepper and a teaspoon of minced garlic. The burgers were delicious. Thanks!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balsamic vinegar gives a very unique taste to the recipe. I have tried many different recipes with it and I really liked the recipe you have shared. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete