Thursday, September 15, 2011


To my Dearest Friend, We have spent the last 6 days without A/C at our house. Last night was finally the last straw and when I saw that the temp on the alarm clock upstairs read 90 degrees, we moved our mattress downstairs to the family room and had a slumber party there (a good 5-10 degrees cooler!). Thanks for making me feel like a little kid again. :) I love slumber parties! To Long Dog, You became so excited when you thought we had moved our mattress downstairs all for you! Nice try, Mr. Cool. Thanks for participating in the slumber party too!
To the Non-functioning A/C System, You had a good run. 17 years of a long life + 1 miserably hot week and we are ready for your replacement! Thank you though for reminding us how privileged we are to normally have A/C. Thank you for reminding us that many people go without such luxuries on a regular basis. Lord, you have blessed us with much! To the new A/C System, T minus 16 hours until you are installed. Not one minute too soon...Coincidentally enough, it's just in enough time to not need the A/C for the beautiful weather weekend!
To the Squirrels, I will just make it known that when I take Long Dog outside to go potty, I am not intentionally invading your territory. There is no need to hiss at or pelt me, Long Dog, or Stray Kitty with acorns. We will ignore you if you ignore us. Otherwise, it's on... bring it! :)
To my Mr. B., Last night, you decided we would buy a window A/C unit to help keep us cool (which may come in especially handy because the upstairs is always hotter). Thank you for being so concerned for my well-being. If only we had thought of it sooner... Of course, the Med-Student Housemate came up with a great solution already: take more overnight call so you can sleep at the air-conditioned hospital! :)

P.S. Shout out to Caitie-Bug! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Is this your 7th anniversary of your 21st birthday? :) Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!


P.P.S. I came home to a wonderful surprise on my front porch! Busby's Heating and Air dropped off a window A/C unit so we don't have to buy one! Almost made me cry to see it sitting there. Thank you, Lord for your provision! And thank you Busby's for your kind heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment