Tuesday, September 20, 2011




To my Dr. B., Thank you for all of your medical consultations. I'm sorry that I have so many aliments sometimes. ;) Thank you for your patience...
To Long Dog, It has been no secret that you were probably a fire-dog in your last life. You love anything that smells like smoke (grill smell included), and you howl at the passing firetrucks...not bark, not whine, howl... I love it and we have been forever trying to catch it on video. I now have the proof! You are such a funny dog and I love you.
To Fall, Yet another reason why I love fall: new episodes of my favorite shows! Can't wait to curl up with Long Dog, some hot tea, on this probably rainy afternoon, and watch the recorded Castle premiere from last night! T minus 8 hours of work remain! The perfect cure for my incredibly sore throat...
To Kung Fu Panda, I was watching you on tv yesterday while doing laundry (yes, I know...26 and watching kid's movies in my spare time...by myself!) and I was surprised to be reminded of a wonderful blessing I experience everyday: Grand Master Oogway said "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why they call it the 'present.'" Lord, thank you that you have blessed us with today. Thank you that you make each morning new. Thank you for the provisions and strength you give us to get through each day. It is a wonderful gift. Remind me each and every night that today is just one more day that you gifted me. 


Anyone notice that I had to prompt Long Dog's howling? :) We sound so much alike! Like mother like son (kinda)... 

2 comments:

  1. I also love Disney Movies (both animated and the silly tv ones). My current favorite for doing household chores is Tangled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Mikki! :) I haven't seen Tangled yet... I hope you and the little family are doing great!

    ReplyDelete