Sunday, August 14, 2011


To my Sweetheart, Who knew you would be so good at helping me set up for a baby shower? You picked up balloons, you swept off the porch (and the deck), and you single handedly stuffed every one of the mini crescents with chicken salad. And after all of that, you went to see The Help with me afterwards. One word: impressive. I promise a "guy" day really soon...
To Soon-To-Be Mama Morris, So glad we were able to celebrate you at your baby shower yesterday! Can't believe it is almost your due date...it seems like just yesterday that you announced you were pregnant. We are counting down the days until we meet your niña bonita! Oh, and thank you for giving me an excuse to borrow my Great Grandmom Betty's china and make another diaper cake! :)
To Long Dog, You've never liked the car. Ever. But, then we took you with us for the short drive to DQ on Miracle Treat day. And despite the near-record heat, we drove with the windows down and you loved every minute of it...kept your head out the window the. whole. time. Made my heart happy. This day, I promise to take you on more car rides when I run errands, so you may once again have the opportunity to act like a real dog. I'm sure it helps that I don't drive you around in a tin can anymore... 
To RayRay, So I'm thinking you have made it home from the beach by now and I am happy to report that nothing bad or unfortunate happened while you were away. Which leads me to one very special and important conclusion: the vacation curse has been broken. Hallelujah!
To anyone who cares, I'm fairly certain that the man I "recognized" while out to dinner Friday was Muse Watson. Handsome Hubby thought it was incredibly funny how giddy I was by seeing a famous person. [Insert a shout out to all my NCIS buddies here.] 
To my Hard Working Hubbster, It's your second day off in over 3 weeks. How do you use this time? You helped me wash Blue and you changed Bessy's oil. He really needed a bath, and even though we had to hurry and finish as the thunderstorm was blowing in, I'm really grateful that it's clean!








3 comments:

  1. Your pics are awesome! You'll have to hook me up with a few :) Thanks again for everything, it meant the world to me. See you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got the "hosting" genes in the family. Really nice job! If only I had something to host...then I could learn from you!

    Love you! Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squee!!! I loooooove NCIS!!

    It looks like you threw a great shower. Gorgeous pics. :)

    ReplyDelete