Wednesday, August 17, 2011


To my Dr. Husband, Congratulations on completing your first laparoscopic appendectomy!! I'm so proud of you and completely impressed. Wish I could spend a day shadowing you on the job...I think it would be fascinating! On another note, you came home quite late and announced that you needed a dessert to "pay off" the residents who let you do the surgery. Thank goodness I was in a baking mood!
To Dingo Dog, Apparently Long Dog holds no hard feelings towards you for tearing off the extra long tail on his favorite bunny squeaky toy. As it turns out, it is now just the right length for him to carrying it around without having to fold it in half to prevent tripping on it. I think he must be secretly thankful. :)
To the Pantry Sans Sugar, The task: make a dessert. The problem: no white sugar. Thanks to my over preparation for the baby shower this last weekend, I had plenty of cake mix and lots of powdered sugar. The result: perfectly baked vanilla cake mix cupcakes with vanilla (thanks Soon-to-be Mama Morris for the Mexican vanilla!) buttercream frosting. Delish! I hope the residents enjoy them! P.S. HH, you owe me. :)
To my Breakfast Date, Sometimes when you have a calm(er) morning at the children's hospital, you invite me on a breakfast date. It might be hotcakes at McDonald's and maybe for only 10 minutes, but it makes my day just that much brighter... Thank you for being the man I married.

4 comments:

  1. Those are some good looking cupcakes. Congrats to the surgeon and his surgeon-like skills.

    Maybe the dingo ate your baby...what I think about every time I hear (read) the word dingo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dingo Dog will be happy to customize Long Dog's toys by "tailoring" them to his stature as necessary. :) She secretly enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to teach me some photography skills. Love your pics! Glad the vanilla has come in handy already :)

    ReplyDelete