Saturday, August 11, 2012


To the Splash-Monster!!!, You have begun to thoroughly enjoy bath time and I love that it makes you so happy (and love a little less how wet I end up before it is all over). :) You can tell by the picture how much splashing is done by such a little man! I take such delight in the fact that you love to entertain me
To the Cancelled Picnic, Sad day that we won't be able to spend this Saturday afternoon at the lake with some of the most amazing people because of the nasty weather! I was really looking forward to it! Handsome Hubby and I now have a dozen chocolate cupcakes with chocolate mousse centers with mocha buttercream icing to eat all on our lonesome. To Trauma Surgery, you are getting a special snack for breakfast tomorrow! To Weathergirl, I'm told it will actually have stopped raining here by the time the picnic should have started. Here's to needing a "weathergirl" on staff at the church! I'm all for you moving out here. Maybe they are needing a weather professor at the James Brown Downtown College of Good Knowledge (which really is the best name choice anyway...)?? To the "Rain Tax", Really a Rain Tax?? Surely the citizens of this fine city should not be penalized for the weather. Especially when it was not our poor planning that has caused all of this poor drainage in the first place. I'll get off my political soap box now...
To the Ants that Invaded the Laundry Room, Poor Long Dog had to eat a non-dog food breakfast (He's not complaining) yesterday morning when I came downstairs to find a whole anthill worth of your guys crawling on his dog food container (note to self: it isn't actually an airtight container as it was advertised to be). It took nearly 2 hours, a half bottle of Windex, a roll of paper towels, a pair of purple dishwashing gloves, 3 Ziploc containers, a large amount of freezer space, and several interesting stares from Little T to reclaim Long Dog's food. But, eventually, SUCCESS!
To Handsome Hubby, At last...almost a whole weekend with you! I can't believe you just have to round today and tomorrow and we get the rest of the day with you. I think you are going to be very surprised by the big boy our little man has become! Here's to some major family bonding time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment