Friday, August 3, 2012

Food Friday!: Shrimp Scampi...two ways

Food Friday!: Shrimp Scampi

Happy Food Friday to you all! In an effort to not miss another Food Friday post, I thought I would at least quickly give you two links to one of Handsome Hubby and my favorite meals. Unfortunately I don't have a picture at the moment (although I did take one of this meal several months ago while still pregnant with Little T and despite the absolute deliciousness of the meal, I thought the picture looked incredibly unappetizing...), so I will rely on the food photographers of Southern Living and Cooking Light to convince you to make this dinner for yourself. :)

The Southern Living's recipe is one I found in one of their magazines several years ago and I make it often...It's my go-to shrimp meal when shrimp is on sale. I pretty much follow the recipe exactly, although I will often use Dreamfields' spaghetti noodles (low carb, high fiber pasta that has a happy side effect of lower sodium) to make the dish move a slight step in the "healthier" direction. I honestly don't think the pasta tastes any differently than normal pasta.

I made the Cooking Light recipe for the first time this week and was pleasantly surprised by how well I liked the meal with orzo instead of spaghetti noodles. Despite the fact that it uses nearly as much butter as Southern Living's recipe, let's be honest, I feel healthier eating it because it is a Cooking Light recipe. :)

Both recipes as absolutely wonderful ("Just fabulous!" as a certain relative would say...) and easy, quick recipes to prepare. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment