Friday, August 17, 2012

Food Friday!: Fish Tacos



Food Friday!: Fish Tacos

Don't knock it until you try it! :)

My mom loves fish tacos. The first time she made fish tacos for dinner, I was skeptical that I would like them. I think Handsome Hubby was even more skeptical when she said she was going to make them one time when she was visiting. Much to our surprise, they are wonderful! And they are pretty easy to make once you have all the parts. Give them a try...I hope you enjoy! It's one of my favorite meals now.


Ingredients

Cod, Tilapia, or other white fish fillets (roughly 1 fillet per person if using Tilapia, which makes 2-3 tacos)
Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
Cabbage, shredded (I buy a pre-shredded bag in the produce section that it meant really for coleslaw)
Lime wedges
Cilantro
Ranch-based dressing (lately, I have been using Olde Cap Cod's Chipotle Ranch Dressing, although I have used original Ranch Dressing and Fresh Market's Cilantro Ranch Dressing)
Corn Tortillas
Oil

Preparation

For Corn Tortillas: Cover the bottom of frying pan with oil. Fry each corn tortilla separate, roughly 10 seconds on each side. Fold in half to create "taco" shape and place on a plate covered with a paper towel to drain. 

For Fish: Season with salt and pepper. Place in hot frying pan with 1-2 tbsp of oil and hot on medium heat approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until fish is cooked through and flaky.

Assemble Taco: Place fish chunks in taco shell. Add your preference of cheese, cabbage, cilantro, squeezed lime, and ranch dressing on top of the fish (in that order) and ENJOY!


Dinner Suggestion: Serve with Mexican Rice and Black Beans...mmmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Tacos is one thing which I love to have anytime, anywhere. Always look for new tacos recipe, this one looks really good and delicious. Going to try it for myself, thank you for sharing the recipe with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am writing because I love tacos and have also tried fish tacos for many times before. I think its one of the most amazing and easy to make recipe for any person. Glad to see another better recipe.

    ReplyDelete