Friday, July 6, 2012

Food Friday: Grilled Flank Steak with Lime Marinade

Grilled Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
I started maternity leave the week before Little T was born, with a whole 7 days before going to the hospital to deliver. It was my first "retirement" experience. Day 1 passed, day 2 passed...still loving every bit of my time off. I think I spoke with Popmiester on Day 3 and when he asked how it was going, I told him I was bored. :) Ultimately, I started encouraging my passion for cooking and found new recipes to make for dinner. Martha Stewart's website had a slew of recipes in the summer grilling section, and I selected this one to make (on top of a few others...) during that week for dinner. It came together so easily and had such a great flavor, that Handsome Hubby and I have eaten it a few times since then. I highly recommend it! We actually used the leftover steak the next night when we made these Grilled Steak Sandwiches with Goat Cheese and Arugala. Mmmmmmm!


Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs flank steak
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce (use low sodium!!)
2 scallions, thinly sliced (honestly, I forgot to buy these when I made it the last time and it was still wonderful!)
2 tbsp minced, peeled fresh ginger (or roughly 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Resealable plastic bag


Preparation

Combine lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger, and red pepper flakes. 


Place steak in the resealable plastic bag and add marinade. Seal bag and place in the refrigerator, flipping the bag occasionally and allow meat to marinate for approximately 1 hour.




Grill on high heat grill, pouring excess marinade over the meat for extra flavor. Grill 6-8 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Turn filet only once. Allow meat to rest approximately 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!!



I would love to hear what you think of my recipes if you end up making them yourself! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment