Friday, June 29, 2012

Food Friday!: Kona Inn Banana Bread



Kona Inn Banana Bread

This is one of my favorite childhood recipes (but aren't they all?!?) that my Auntie Jacqueline got from the Kona Inn in Hawaii ...the recipe is dated 8/5/1996 (I love it when a recipe has a history!). I promise that it is one of the best, moistest, irresistible banana breads I have ever tried! This recipe makes two loaves- one for eating now, and one for freezing and eating later (or sharing... I took one loaf to a Mom's Group farewell brunch this past week). Enjoy!



Ingredients

2 cups sugar
1 cup softened butter
3 large eggs, well beaten
6 ripe bananas, mashed (the more ripe, the better!)
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.


Add mashed bananas and beaten eggs and mix well.


 
Sift together dry ingredients three times. Blend with banana mixture, but do not over mix.


Pour into loaf pans.


Bake 45 mins to 1 hour (err on the side of 45 mins...you don't want the bread to be too dry!).  Cool in pans 10 mins and then place on cooling rack to completely cool. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Despite the first picture, I promise the bread doesn't come out charred on the sides. :) It is the same color as the top of the bread, just not at the angle the picture was taken...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete