Friday, March 9, 2012



To the Belly Hog (I mean that in the sweetest way possible), I am overjoyed that you are growing healthy and strong...but it's amazing how long it is taking my stomach to adjust to giving you more room. Gone are the days of second trimester when I was hungry all the time and had room to fit everything I eat. Now, I am instead hungry all the time, and very much limited in the amount of space I have to put that food. Not to worry! Your papa and I have started the daily half-dozen or so after-dinner-laps around the surgical center by the house to help with getting the food moving. Only, Long Dog gets confused and tries to go back to the house every time we pass it.
To Hobby Lobby, After searching high and low for the perfect nursery decor for our little guy's room, I came across your selection of metal planes. Hallelujah! What a relief to find exactly what I was looking for...and 50% off too! I bought all 3 models you had. I am so excited to see this precious room come together. ("Before" pictures are below..."After" pictures to come, whenever the nursery is finished...)
To the Snake in the Yard, You gave me quite a startle yesterday while I was weeding. Thank you immensely for not being any bigger than you were. We don't want Baby Boy to come this early! And thank you for the reminder that no matter what my yard looks like, much of God's creation is still able to enjoy it!
To Weathergirl, Let me just quickly say that sometimes when I call you in the evenings and you are sitting down to eat the exact same meal I just ate, I wonder if it is unintentional ESP. Did we unconsciously communicate earlier that day what we would be having for dinner that night?! :) Mostly, this just makes me feel like you don't live so far away. I wonder, are you having pregnancy cravings as I have them?
To my Hardworking Hubby, After quite a long day on Trauma surgery, you came home yesterday and decided to cut the grass. It took several (dozen) tries to wake the lawn mower from hibernation, and even then it didn't seem happy that you gave it such a difficult job to do on it's first day back to work. ;) I'm proud of you and your persistence...even in the complete dark I thought the yard looked so much better.
Before picture 1... this room, once Handsome Hubby's office, has never been so clean! :)

Before Picture 2

Before Picture 3

1 comment:

  1. Buffets are my favorite type of restaurant when I get to the "Holy cow, I just ate 20 minutes ago and I'm hungry again already!" stage.

    I'm very glad the snake wasn't big. I hate snakes of all kinds and sizes, like... phobia type hate. Even the tiny shoe-lace sized ones give me nightmares. I'm tucking my feet up in my chair just writing this. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete