Friday, November 11, 2011



To my Dinner Date, Last night we went to Blue Sky Kitchen on a hot date and we had the whole restaurant to ourselves. We had a delicious meal, and you sipped on the beer on tap, and we had a wonderful conversation. It was fun, romantic, and an important way to reconnect after having spent some time apart this week. Until... At one point during dinner, I leaned over for a kiss, to which you responded my blowing beer breath directly in my face...a mere 4 inches or so away. What were you thinking?? After laughing until tears were almost streaming down your face, you said something about thinking I wanted to smell the beer. Nice...
To my iPhone, I made a very expensive mistake this week (a very "1st World" problem). After spilling an entire bowl of oatmeal on myself at breakfast one morning, I immediately took off my terry cloth robe and washed it to prevent "oatmeal concrete". It wasn't until much later that I realized I no longer knew where you were. Alas, I found you at the bottom of the washer after it had completed the entire cycle...fill, agitate, rinse, spin and all! I was distraught. I shook the water out, and immediately placed you in a bowl of rice, where you sat for 8 hours, then opened the back and placed you in a low-heat oven for another 5 hours, then took you to work the next day and put you in the desiccator for another 9 hours. After 48 hours, I finally turned you on and YOU WORK!! Are you kidding?! I am completely amazed.
To the Popmiester, You had many follow up appointments this week and a stress test, and what was the consensus among all the doctors??: You are a medical miracle. Growing up, you used to tell Banker Boy that he was a modern medicine marvel, but now I think you can claim this title! From this, we can come to two conclusions/sweet reminders: 1) The Lord must not be done with you yet; and 2) He is capable of incredible things! In this month of Thanksgiving, I can say we are all so very thankful for your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment